From Vanessa Gebbie (http://www.vanessagebbie.com/):
Whether you have long dreamed of writing and been unable due to life and other commitments to fulfill those dreams, or whether you once used to write and want to rediscover your creative self, this week is just for you.
The routine each day will remain the same as you use the morning sessions to explore the possibilities ahead of you, with your tutor’s encouragement and support. The exact content of each day’s tutored sessions will depend on the needs of the individual participants, and be agreed upon the day before. Vanessa does not use stock workshops; however, you will be:
• learning about creating fictions of all sorts – from novel-length projects to short short (or flash) stories.
• explore and analyse published works with the group, in fiction, poetry and memoir
• using tried and tested writing games and exercises to open you up and explore your own best inspirations.
• looking at the best use of language: setting our writing voices free, experimenting with poetry, prose poetry, flash fictions.
• exploring the differences between reportage and narrative.
• experimenting with different forms and structures for writing of as many types as we can.
• enjoying the company and support of like-minded writers
• having an in-depth one-to-one with your tutor