A role of Reader–in-Residence for Primary Schools in the Ballyfermot area has become available, with funding from the national Dormant Accounts fund. The estimated value of the project is €22,000.
The reader-in-residence will design and deliver a programme of planned activities based around the idea of reading as fun, with the activities being geared to different age groups and genres.
The Reader–in-Residence will work with schools and Home School Liaison Officers in the Ballyfermot area, and with Ballyfermot Library.
The programme is envisaged as being delivered on a 20-hour a week basis for the school year 2019/2020. The hours worked will meet the needs of the children, schools and the library, and will be decided upon by the reader-in-residence in consultation with the Dublin City Libraries’ project manager. The reader-in-residence will be required to provide their own workspace, laptop and mobile devices in order to deliver the outputs of the project.
The reader-in-residence will be required to conduct an evaluation on completion of the project and present a report within an agreed timeframe.
Garda vetting will be required.
Dublin City Libraries delivers library services across the Dublin City Council administrative area.
Dublin City Libraries are committed to developing the role of the library as a centre for culture, with programmes and projects that meet individual and community needs. The Reader-in Residence programme fulfils these commitments by providing opportunities for positive engagement with libraries and reading for children.
Proposals are invited from suitably qualified persons who can demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills;
- experience of working with children;
- experience of programming book- and reading-related activities;
- an ability to think creatively;
- a clear appreciation of the role that books and reading play in the development of children in our society;
- a self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work with an ability to work on
In responding to this request, proposals should include:
- a Curriculum Vitae, including the names and contact details of two referees.
- A one-page covering letter outlining relevant experience and ideas for the role.
- An estimated cost for delivering the role, including person hours.
- Please email email@example.com. Closing: 5 p.m. on Wednesday 21/8/19
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to make a presentation outlining a minimum of three proposed activities to be delivered in the role.
Please note that this role is a time-limited contract for service.