Greywood Arts Mini-Writer’s Retreat for Carers Bursary
Closing date for receipt of applications is December 18th 2018
The Oxford Dictionary defines a carer as “A family member who regularly looks after a child or a sick, elderly, or disabled person.”
The Mini-Writer’s Retreat for Carers Bursary aims to support writers who, due to their role as carer, find it difficult to find time for writing. You may be a son caring for an elderly parent, a working mother with school-going kids, a spouse caring for a long-term ill partner or a person supporting a sibling with a disability. If you feel you would benefit from a three-night writer’s retreat at Greywood Arts, please consider applying for this opportunity. We have two up for grabs.
Awardees will receive the following:
• 3 nights residency at self-catering artist’s retreat Greywood Arts, Killeagh, Co. Cork www.greywoodarts.org Sponsored by author Rose Servitova
• €100 on arrival to help with costs of travel/food/chocolate etc…sponsored by author Kit de Waal.
• Editing of piece of work/novel etc (approx 15hrs)… with editor Sally Vance (This can be used within 12 months of residency) www.editorsal.com
• Access to 6 online, interactive events with established authors on www.indulgeinwriting.com Sponsored by author & founder of Indulgeinwriting.com, Sharon Thompson
GREYWOOD ARTS is a welcoming creative space to explore your process. Please familiarise yourself with our website www.greywoodarts.org before applying.
Email the following to email@example.com
• Full name, address, preferred email address & telephone number:
• A short piece about yourself, your ‘caring’ life and why you feel you would benefit from a short writers retreat (maximum 500 words)
• What are you currently working on (project description)?
• CV or Bio
• Work sample(s) sent as links or attachments (maximum 3000 words). At this time, we can only consider works of prose and fiction.
• Closing date for receipt of applications is December 18th 2018.
• Awardees will be notified by December 27th.
• Decisions are final.
• This award is open to persons resident in the island of Ireland only.
• Mini-residencies consist of 3 consecutive nights between February and September 2019, excluding June 15-July 15. To check available dates, contact Greywood Arts.
• Greywood Arts provides accommodation in a private bedroom, shared bathroom and self-catering kitchen facilities, and sole access to the writer’s room, overlooking the Dissour River. Accommodation and writing space are located on the first floor.
Writing.ie has been developed and is run by Vanessa Fox O'Loughlin who founded The Inkwell Group publishing consultancy and is Ireland's leading literary scout. Vanessa is represented by Simon Trewin at WME and writes crime as Sam Blake. LITTLE BONES will be published by Bonnier's Twenty7 imprint in May 2016. Vanessa is the Chair of Irish PEN and the Irish and Eurozone Adviser to the international organisation The Alliance of Independent Authors.