Life Coaching for Writers will be published by Compass Books, an imprint of John Hunt Publishing, in 2014. Here’s a brief synopsis:
Life Coaching for Writers is a self help and personal development guide for every writer that will help you to unleash your creative potential. Whether you are a fiction or non-fiction writer, it’s not always easy to be creative – life conspires to through up obstacles, fears and external influences that get in the way of our writing lives.
Written by a qualified life coach and Master NLP practitioner, this book has been designed to help you organise your writing life and to get the most out of it by using coaching, NLP and CBT techniques. Packed with tips and advice, it also contains stories straight from the writing coach’s couch of the most difficult questions writers face.
This is author and creativity coach Sarah Beth Watkins fourth book, and she’s keen to get help from our visitors at writing.ie – she’s looking for stories and tips to be included in the book that will inspire and motivate other writers. If you can help, contact Sarah Beth at the address below, she says “Here are some questions I’d like you to consider answering for possible inclusion.”
1) What motivates you to write?
2) How do you balance your writing life with your personal life?
3) What is a typical writing day for you?
4) Do you have a writing ritual that starts your day?
5) How did you give up the day job? Or how have you been able to write in a professional capacity?
6) How do you stop negative thoughts about your writing?
7) How do you look after your writing self?
8) What do you do when you receive a rejection?
9) How do you celebrate success?
10) What supports do you use? Writers groups, networking events, Internet forums?
Thanks for your help!! Please forward your response to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you asap.