Boundless and Bare, the Irish Spoken Word Agency, have announced the release of Issue Two of the BND Spoken Word Magazine. BND is the only spoken word magazine in Ireland, that documents the Irish spoken word scene as it exists and evolves, cultivating content with the help of contributors from around the country writing about spoken word communities, submitting essays, articles, reviews, and interviews.
- Commemoration of Raven and his 15 years as a performance artist in Ireland.
- Interviews with internationally acclaimed spoken word artists Shane Koyczan and Andrea Gibson
- ‘History of Spoken Word’ series of accounts with interviews with Paul Casey, Dave Lordan, Christodoulos Makris and more.
- Event Guide of the best spoken word events and open mics happening all around the country.
- Artist profiles on Phoebe Brigginshaw, Inter-Varsity Poetry Slam Winner 2019 and upcoming hip-hop artist DALY.
- Articles on comedy improv by Quintan O’Reilly, and drama therapy by Dylan O’Neill.
- Essays by Raneem Saleh on Being Muslim in the Dublin spoken word community, and Nicola Spendlove on the missing voices of those with Disabilities in the spoken word Waterford scene.
- Event Spotlights: Ireland’s only Irish speaking poetry slam, Liú Lúnasa in Belfast, Indiana poet Kimberly Campenello’s spoken word project MOTHERBABYHOME
See here for more information on Boundless and Bare.