Deadline: 15th April 2018 (last postmark or 24.00 email)
- Silver Wyvern (all forms, max 42 lines); Adjudicator Fred Johnston
- Short poems (max.10 lines); Adjudicator Kevin Bailey
- Formal (max 40 lines) Adjudicator Kevin Bailey
Theme for Silver Wyvern: Cinema– may be interpreted widely but must bear a reference to the theme.
No set theme for Short & Formal categories.
- Silver Wyvern category winner: Silver Wyvern and €500.
- 2nd – €200;
- 3rd €100.
- Formal & Short categories: winners: €100 each
- UK: £10 first poem; further poems £6 each. UK cheques/BPOs only, payable toG. Griffin-Hall.
- ROW: €15 first poem; 2 or more, €10 each. Pay Paypal
Online Entries: £ 10 or € 15 or $ 15 first poem; further poems £8/€ 10/$12 each.
Usual competition rules apply:
Open category embraces all forms of poems providing they do not exceed 40 lines (title excluded); free verse, traditional or formal verse – anything goes!
Formal category: traditional verse forms: sonnets, sestinas, ballards,haiku (up to five haiku on one page count as one entry) villanelles etc or your own rhyming or metrical scheme. NOT free verse and just dividing a free verse poem into couplets without a rhyming or metrical scheme doesn’t make for a Formal poem and just because a poem has 14 lines doesn’t make it a sonnet, a sonnet should have a metre and rhyme scheme.
Short: all forms not exceeding 10 lines (title excluded)
Results on website July, winners contacted earlier.