The six authors shortlisted for the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year after being chosen by a public vote and the prize Academy are listed below!!
Huge congrats to all the shortlisted authors, especially Irish Crime Writer Brian McGilloway for his novel ‘The Last Crossing.’
The books on this year’s shortlist encompass a vast array of themes and topics, from white supremacy and radicalisation to PTSD and homelessness, and from nail-biting hostage situations to tales of addiction, desperation and rehab.
The six shortlisted books for the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year 2021 are:
– The Lantern Men by Elly Griffiths (Quercus, Quercus Fiction)
– Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton (Penguin Random House UK, Viking)
– The Last Crossing by Brian McGilloway (Little, Brown Book Group, Constable)
– Death in the East by Abir Mukherjee (VINTAGE, Harvill Secker)
– We Begin At The End by Chris Whitaker (Bonnier Books UK, Zaffre)
– The Man on the Street by Trevor Wood (Quercus, Quercus Fiction)
The public are now invited to vote for the winner via www.harrogatetheakstoncrimeaward.com and the winner will be announced on the opening night of Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival, Thursday 22 July, and will receive £3,000, and a handmade, engraved beer barrel provided by Theakston Old Peculier.