Short+Sweet is a 1 week festival, comprised of 20 original short plays, that will be written, directed and performed in Dublin by aspiring and amateur creatives [All 18 yrs +]. We are the little sister of Short+Sweet Sydney.
Submissions are currently open for writers. You can find the link here. We will soon be accepting submissions from directors and actors, so keep an eye out on the website and our Facebook page.
This is the first European iteration of Short+Sweet and will take place in October in The Sean O’Casey Theatre in East Wall and we would love your involvement. The Short+Sweet family is committed to building a more creative world, 10 minutes at a time. The platform provides an accessible and enjoyable theatrical experience to individuals from all walks of life, and gives them the opportunity to connect with creatives from all over the world.
If you’d like more information, we will be regularly updating our Facebook page and website with details on how to get further involved as directors or performers and of course we have one or two of intern opportunities.
If you’d like further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
If you would like to submit your ten-minute script for Short+Sweet Dublin direct, please complete the form on this page.
Applying directly means you would like to have a short play you have written submitted for performance at Short+Sweet Dublin 2019. Writers can submit more than one play for consideration, however may only have one play staged as part of our inaugural festival.
Please note that by submitting your script direct, it will not be considered for other Short+Sweet festivals. To submit your script for all of our festivals world-wide (including Dublin) please click here – there is a small fee per script submitted.
Direct entry scripts will be assessed and the highest rated scripts will be shortlisted, and made available for our directors to choose to direct at Short+Sweet Dublin 2019.
There is no fee to submit direct for Short+Sweet Dublin, and we do not restrict the content of your ten-minute theatre vision. We simply require your play to run less than ten minutes. Closing Date: June 18th
SHORT+SWEET TERMS & CONDITIONS
Short+Sweet is an independent theatre company run from Sydney, Australia and responsible for short play festivals across Australia and ever increasing locations around the world. As an organisation we support local artists, encourage creative development and exploration through performance art, and encourage new audiences to partake in theatre and performing arts events around the world. Our mission is simple – a more creative world, ten minutes at a time!
PARTICIPANTS TERMS & CONDITIONS
“Participants” are the individuals and companies voluntarily involved in Short+Sweet festivals around the world through roles of ITC, director, writer, actor, choreographer, choir etc. The following may be in addition or replacement of those accepted at the time of registration, submission or acceptance of role.
- I understand that I will receive no payment for my involvement in Short+Sweet, but will be eligible for prizes and professional development opportunities.
- As the writer/creator of the script I hereby give permission for the organisers to present the work at any of the Short+Sweet festivals it has been entered into. If I am not the writer/creator (or sole writer/creator) of the idea, story, script, theatre work or any material used in the creation of the theatre work it is my responsibility to gain permission from all other contributors to present the work at Short+Sweet – and to fulfil all conditions set by those writers, originators or contributors to present the work at Short+Sweet.
- I give Short+Sweet permission to film/record/photograph my production, creation, rehearsals, and myself for marketing and publicity purposes. This also includes archival, marketing or publicity purposes in an unpaid public forum such as YouTube.
- If I am no longer able to attend a commitment, I will notify the Festival Director and any other relevant team members with as much notice as possible.
- I will abide by venue-specific regulations and understand the professional practice required.
- I will abide by the Short+Sweet Code of Conduct and behave in a professional and respectful manner throughout my involvement.
- I understand that if I behave in a way that is deemed inappropriate I may be banned from Short+Sweet festivals.
Thanks for your support in getting this festival off the ground,
Karoline on behalf of the Short+Sweet Dublin Team