Submissions deadline: 28th March 2021
The first Anthology from Sans.PRESS, The Secret Lives is out now and available to purchase via http://sanspress.com/the-secret-lives/
For their new collection, they are looking for stories that respond to the prompt Because That’s Where Your Heart Is, and to the artwork selected for the cover. They want stories about what makes heart beats faster – it can be about romantic love, but also about friendship, dogs, cats, or a profound unexplained passion for paragliding! What we care about it the passion!
You can also take inspiration from the artwork they’ve chosen to illustrate the cover, created by artist Pedro Vizioli, and write your piece as a response to the emotions brought on by the his work:
• Any submissions have to be your own original work, in English, previously unpublished in both print and digital media;
• Applicants can submit up to 2 short stories, no longer than 4,000 words each. There is no minimum word count. Please attach each story in a separate file, with the title as the name. Make sure your name is not anywhere on the submission file;
• Stories must be typed, in Times New Roman 12, and submitted as .doc or .pdf with numbered pages and the title on the header;
• In the body of your email or in a separate file, send your name (and/or pen name), email, contact number, story title and a short bio (up to 150 words). This information will be removed so all readings are anonymous;
• Include the word Submission in your email subject line;
• Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please inform us as soon as possible if you are selected elsewhere!
Send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28th 2021