The Mental by John MacKenna – back on tour and not to be missed!
The Mental is the story of John Salter who spent forty years in psychiatric care for doing a good deed.
- Sat April 27 – Nenagh Arts Centre – 8 pm – Box office 067 34400
- Thursday May 2 – Woodbine Books, Kilcullen – 730 pm – 045 482777
- Thursday May 9 – Blessington Book Store – 7 for 730 pm – 045 857730
- Friday May 10 – Coach House Coffee Shop, Shankill Castle, Paulstown, Co Kilkenny – 730 pm – 0877802437
- Saturday May 11 – Croi Anu, Mpoone, Co Kildare – 8 pm – 0878381933
- Thursday May 16 – Tuar Ard, Moate, Co Westmeath – 8 pm – 090 6482042
- Friday May 16 – Prosperous Theatre, Co Kildare – 8 pm – Tickets on the door
- Sunday June 2 – St John’s Theatre Listowel – 1 pm – Tickets through Listowel Writers’ Week
Elizabeth Rose Murray lives in West Cork where she writes, fishes, and grows her own vegetables. Her first book for young adults Caramel Hearts (Alma Books) was published June 2016. Her debut novel for children aged 10-12, The Book of Learning - Nine Lives Trilogy 1 (Mercier Press) was chosen as the 2016 Dublin UNESCO City of Literature Citywide Read for Children and the follow-up The Book of Shadows - Nine Lives Trilogy 2 was shortlisted for the 2016 Irish Book Awards. The final installment The Book of Revenge will be published in February 2018. Elizabeth has poetry and short fiction published in journals across the UK and Ireland - including Ogham Stone, Southword, South Circular, Esc and 3am - and has been shortlisted in various competitions including TV3AM Short Story, Francis MacManus, and Aesthetica Creative Works. She has also performed in Ciudades Paralelas: Station - a live writing installation. Hoping to encourage new writers, Elizabeth provides manuscript reports and online writing courses through Inkwell Writers and Big Smoke Writing Factory. She is a regular at literary festivals, and offers adult workshops on writing for children and young adults, as well as multiple events and workshops for children and teens. You can connect with Elizabeth on Twitter @ERMurray, Facebook www.facebook.com/ERMurray.Author or her blog www.ermurray.com