UL/Frank McCourt Creative Writing Summer School May 3-6
UL/Frank McCourt Creative Writing Summer School – University of Limerick, Ireland, May 3rd to 6th, 2018
- Speakers include SIR BOB GELDOF, MARIAN KEYES, KEVIN BARRY, JOSEPH O’CONNOR, DONAL RYAN, MARY O’MALLEY, KERRY NEVILLE, MARTIN DYAR, SARAH MOORE FITZGERALD, EOIN DEVEREUX, ALAN HAYES of ARLEN HOUSE publishers.
- ‘Food and Storytelling: a Literary Brunch,’ led by UL Creative Writing MA graduate and Food Writer, RACHAEL KEALY.
- Live recording of RTE Radio 1 ‘SUNDAY MISCELLANY’ at UL’s Irish World Academy of Music and Dance.
- Illustrated Lecture: ‘Don’t Judge a Book Just By The cover…Punk and Creativity’ with live music by SECTION 17.
- Sessions on How to Get Published and Writing for Young Adults.
The UL/Frank McCourt Creative Writing Summer School is open to application from everyone, but please note that numbers are strictly limited and the event is booking up quickly. No previous writing experience is required, but some would be helpful.
Fee: (includes welcome reception, all classes, workshops and lectures, light lunch on Saturday, literary brunch on Sunday, admission to Sunday Miscellany concert and to public events with Kevin Barry, Marian Keyes, Bob Geldof).
Numbers attending the Creative Writing classes will not exceed a total of 60.
Full Programme Details and Booking at http://frankmccourt.ulfoundation.com
Informal Queries are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing.ie has been developed and is run by Vanessa Fox O'Loughlin who founded The Inkwell Group publishing consultancy and is Ireland's leading literary scout. Vanessa is represented by literary agent Simon Trewin and writes crime as Sam Blake. LITTLE BONES will be published by Bonnier's Twenty7 imprint in May 2016. Vanessa is the Chair of Irish PEN and the Irish and Eurozone Adviser to the international organisation The Alliance of Independent Authors.