Following in the footsteps of Vanessa O’Loughlin (was it as Sam Blake, or Inkwell or writing.ie that she guest hosted? So many talents that woman, so many hats!!) I’m joining the fabulous #WritersWise team on twitter this week to talk all things books! The topics & info is listed below, and it starts at 8pm UK/Ire, 3pm ET on Thursday June 23rd – come and join us?
#WritersWise is a regular tweetchat aimed at writers, aspiring writers and everyone in the publishing and writing business. This week’s guest-host is Elizabeth Rose Murray, author of The Book of Learning and Caramel Hearts.
Topic: Story & Structure in young adult/adult fiction
1. When dealing with difficult topics in YA should you write what you know or can you make it up?
2. Are there any topics you think shouldn’t be covered in YA fiction or should there be no taboos?
3. How much censorship should be involved in tackling difficult topics in YA fiction? How far do you go? How honest?
4. YA fiction has to be diverse to reflect the world we live in. What do you think we need to see more of? ?
5. Real cake recipes structure #CaramelHearts. Are YA authors playing with form enough or is it all about story?
Should be a great chat… Hope to see you there!