These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Inkwell Writers Ltd. and you as a Writing.ie member. On becoming a member of Writing.ie you are automatically agreeing to these terms and conditions and you are providing us with the appropriate consent to handle your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Inkwell Writers Ltd is a registered company, tax registration number 9817951O whose registered office is The Old Post Office, Kilmacanogue, Co. Wicklow.
All Membership rates include VAT at 23%.
Membership of Writing.ie will provide you with your own member page on Ireland’s leading writing resources website.
As a Writing.ie member benefits include:
- Emerging Writer: space to post a 100 word biography, 1000 word writing sample and 500 word summary of your work in progress.
- Author Membership: space to post an author biography and up to 10 books plus links to your own website and social media. Author pages include reference to your availability to the media and event organisers
- Organisation Membership: an opportunity to post courses for free in the Writing.ie courses section, and post at the Members blog.
- All levels of membership have access to the Member blog and are free to post on writing related subjects, subject to editorial approval.
- All levels of membership will benefit from back-links to their own blog or website.
Inkwell Writers Ltd. reserves the right to change the presentation, performance, use of facilities and availability of any of the Member Services offered as part of membership at Writing.ie at its sole discretion, including these terms and conditions, and you should check these terms and conditions regularly for any changes.
2. The Membership Contract
When you click to submit your application on-line, you are making an offer to subscribe to the Writing.ie which, if accepted by us, will result in a legally binding contract.
At the point of renewal of your membership, your renewal payment is confirmation of the continued acceptance of this contract. You may not transfer any of your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another person. You may not resell or attempt to resell your membership (or any part or facility of it) to any third party.
As part of this contract, you agree:
- To provide certain current complete and accurate information on your Member page.
- To maintain and notify us of updates to this information as required to enable us to keep it current, complete and accurate.
- As a Member, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of posting those communications.
- Writing.ie does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any material posted by members or endorse any opinions expressed by Members. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Members will be at your own risk.
- Writing.ie reserves the right to delete Members pages and prevent their further access to writing.ie for violating these membership terms and conditions or the law and further reserves the right to edit or remove communications which are abusive, illegal, defamatory or disruptive.
- Member blog posts should be of at least 500 words and must be of appropriate writing related content. In order to maintain the integrity of writing.ie we reserve all editorial rights – should content be deemed inappropriate we reserve the right to delete the post. We will advise you of this, and why. Should inappropriate posting continue, Writing.ie reserve the right to cancel your membership without refund. Writing.ie is used by writers of all ages including children and members should be cognissant of this when posting.
- Writing.ie may occasionally suspend the services offered to Members for operational reasons such as repair, maintenance or improvement of the Services or because of an emergency.
- As a Member of Writing.ie you also agree that you will not:
- Use the Service for any purpose in violation of local, state, or national laws of any country.
- Post material that is copyrighted, unless you own that material or have the permission of the copyright owner.
- Post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the copyright owner.
- Post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another Member or any other person or entity.
- Post sexually-explicit images.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Writing.ie against any claims, proceedings and actions taken and all damages (including costs) that may be awarded or agreed to be paid to any third party in respect of any claim or action arising as a result of your Membership of Writing.ie.
- By posting communications, you grant to writing.ie a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display those communications alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether now known or hereafter developed.
- You acknowledge and agree that Writing.ie is not responsible for the reference to or availability of external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any material, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Writing.ie shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such material, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
On applying for a Member page, your Paypal receipt is confirmation of your application. A legally binding contract is formed on the date your payment is received. Writing.ie undertake to publish your Member page within a minimum of 4 days of receipt of payment.
3. Cooling off period
We offer a seven working days cooling off period for new members, effective from the day your application is made. This will allow you to cancel your subscription without penalty. If you wish to cancel your new member subscription, you must notify us within these seven working days in writing, by letter, fax or e mail.
4. Right to refuse applications
We reserve the right not to fulfil, or to cancel, your application if it deemed to contravene our terms and conditions, is illegal or misleading to our visitors. In this instance your application is non-refundable.
If you are accepted into membership, but it subsequently turns out that any or all of the information provided by you was misleading or false, we reserve the right to revoke the membership with immediate effect, without refund and without the right of appeal.
5. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non performance of its obligations by reason of matters beyond its control including, but not limited to, any act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes, or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure, postal delay, or any event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided.
In which case, we will deliver as soon as is reasonably possible.
6. Cancellations and Refunds
Your Writing.ie Membership is valid for one calendar year and non-refundable except under special circumstances. Should you wish to cancel your membership outside of the cooling off period, please contact email@example.com by email stating your reasons.
Writing.ie reserves the right to cancel your membership without refund if any of the terms of this contract are broken or if content you have posted threatens the integrity of the site.
7. Price Information
We reserve the right to increase the price of the membership subscription on an annual basis.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Writing.ie SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES AS A RESULT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR USE OF THE SITE.
Diligence and care should be taken when using the information provided. All services are subject to copyright law. We use our best endeavours to ensure all information provided by us is as up to date as possible. However, you should not rely on the information provided as the sole basis for making business, legal or other decisions. You should seek appropriate independent advice before making any such decisions.
The content of all Member pages and articles published on Writing.ie are the opinion of the author.
10. Data Protection and use of Personal Data
The personal data you supply will be used to process your membership application only.
If you believe that any of the information we hold concerning you is incorrect or out of date, please provide us with the accurate information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Data protection
We will make every effort to ensure that the information on Writing.ie is accurate. However, we cannot guarantee this and accept no liability for any information given via this website.
Even if data encryption is used, the security of information transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any losses incurred or sustained by users who transmit information by electronic means shall be borne solely and exclusively by such user and in no event shall any such losses in whole or in part be borne by us.
Members may be invited to events organised by us or our partners, to enable members to gain information and make the best use of networking opportunities.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by Irish law. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
14. Queries Comments and Complaints
We will respond to any complaint or query received within three working days. This may be an acknowledgement that we have received a complaint whilst further investigations are carried out. All queries, comments and complaints should be directed to email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.