Hundreds of thousands of books are published every year, and for the indie author or small press, it is becoming increasingly hard to get your book noticed over the masses. So how can you ensure that good books (your book!) gets the attention it deserves?
, are always looking for ways to provide their authors with further opportunities. Last year, they launched One Big Book Launch
– an event that harnessed the power of collaboration and enabled emerging authors to get the attention they deserve. The launch was a huge success and they have been inundated with calls to host another launch in 2015. They say, “Together, we can give your book the launch it deserves and kick-start your marketing in style – however you’re published.”
Submissions are now open
to find ten outstanding authors to launch their books simultaneously at one, highly-publicised event in London on June 3rd, 2015
. This event is open to writers publishing traditionally and independently, and will celebrate great books from emerging authors writing on the theme of Inspiring People and Places.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- Travel journals and tales of exploration
- Fiction and non-fiction on business tycoons and entrepreneurs
- True stories of triumph over adversity
This event is open to all authors:
- Publishing traditionally and independently
- Publishing physical, print copies of their books (if your book is an eBook, to enter you need to publish a hard copy – check out www.createspace.com as a starting point)
- Whose books were published after 1st September 2014
- Whose books fit the Completely Novel 2015 theme of ‘Inspiring People and Places’
Submissions close on 19th April 2015.
This is truly unique opportunity to receive recognition for your work from readers, press and industry professionals. Entrants will be judged on the quality of writing, storytelling and their connection to the theme; ‘Inspiring People and Places’. Please read the details on the submission form carefully. Winners will be announced on 30th April, for the launch on 3rd June.
If you are an indie author looking for events to promote your book check out too, the Dublin Indie Signing
event – organiser Krissy says,
“We are organising an Author Signing Event in Radisson Blu Hotel in Dublin in July 2015.
We had one last year in the Shelbourne Hotel and had a large number of indie authors attend and a huge number of readers from far and away and lots of wonderful bloggers attended who got to know us authors. If you are interested in attending as a reader then you can get tickets here
If you are an author and you wish to attend as a signing author please send me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.”