Submissions deadline: open
Parhelion Literary Magazine is an online literary arts publication created by Elizabeth Varel and Darren Morris.
Parhelion Literary Magazine welcomes submissions for fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and flash, as well as regular features for our blog.We are especially interested in strong voices, compelling stories, and innovative narrative technique. The same general thinking applies to visual art as well: thought provoking, innovative, eye-catching. Most importantly, we want to connect to your work emotionally. We want to feel something when we read or view it.
- We accept work from both new and established writers/artists.
- We do not accept previously published written work.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable as long as we’re notified immediately if the work is selected for publication elsewhere.
- Please include some information about yourself in your query—who you are, previous publications (no need to list 50), links to your social media, etc. We are happy to link our writers and artists to their professional sites so readers can find out more about you.
- At this time, we are unable to compensate writers.
- Please allow up to three months for us to reply to your submission.
- Rights revert back to authors upon publication.
Fiction, Flash, & Nonfiction
- Stories and essays should be around 5,000 words or less; flash 2,000 words or less.
- Novel excerpts are accepted if self-contained.
- We feature multiple works by several poets in each issue. Please send no more than 10 pages of poetry when you submit. That could be ONE poem or TEN.
- Typed, single-spaced, 12 pt. font
- Send one .doc, .docx, or .pdf file; start each poem on a new page
- We do not tend to publish poems that are overtly about politics, nature, or religion.
- Please review the photography we’ve published before submitting.
- You can attach images, but if you have an Instagram page, a gallery site, or any other place your art lives on the Internet, please include it in your submission. Leeta wants to see it.
- Send only one article, essay, or book review at a time.
- Submissions should be 1,500 words or less, with an emphasis on less.
Submit and further information available here.