Submissions deadline: open
Poolbeg Press call out for submissions for our rapidly growing eBook Publishing Programme.
Poolbeg Press first opened its doors in 1976 and over the years it has become synonymous with nurturing and showcasing new women’s writing. Our slogan Poolbeg the Irish for Bestsellers is particularly apt as authors who were discovered by Poolbeg, such as Maeve Binchy, Marian Keyes, Patricia Scanlan, Cathy Kelly and Sheila O’Flanagan, have become favourites on bookshelves not only in Ireland but throughout the world. We strive to maintain the highest possible standard in good writing and enjoyable storytelling in women’s fiction.
We are specifically looking for Crime for our hugely popular Crimson imprint but we also love an Irish historical story!
We welcome submissions, whether through an agent or directly from you. A preliminary submission should consist of 3 chapters, a synopsis and a short biography. It should be posted in as a printout and on a USB stick. Should we be interested, we will get back to you to request the full manuscript.
Successful eBooks will be considered for Poolbeg’s hard copy publishing schedule.
All our eBooks are handled with Poolbeg’s expertise in fiction from the highest standards in editing, production, cover design and marketing.
Further details on submission.
1) Your book must be submitted in Microsoft Word.
2) Submit as a printout and on a USB stick
3) Keep ORIGINAL COPY of your work. Poolbeg will not return your material due to the large amount of submissions we receive.
4) Please include a short biography of yourself.
5) Type your name, book title and page number on every page.
6) Type your name, address, phone number and email on the title page and at the end.
7) Type the Word Count of the book on the title page.
8) Print on one side of each page only.
9) The printout should not be bound. (Secure with elastic bands.)
10) If posting a printout, use a strong padded envelope. An ordinary envelope may tear.
11) Length of novels: 90, 000 to 125,000 words. Non-fiction: 70, 000 words +.
12) Send to: Paula Campbell, Publisher, Poolbeg Press, 123 Grange Hill, Baldoyle, Dublin 13
13) Unfortunately, due to the large number of submissions we receive, we are not in a position to answer enquiries about the progress of your manuscript. If you have not heard from us in 3 months, you can assume your submission is not suitable for us.
See here for further details.