Submissions open: 1st – 30th April 2022
The submission window for Issue VI of Sonder Magazine will open April 1st-30th.
Sonder accept short stories, flash fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and artwork for the cover, all based on the theme of ODD. It’s time to embrace your inner weirdo.
This year’s theme is inspired by the winning piece of the Morning Coffee Writing Competition 2021 titled ‘A Bit Odd’, by Claire Gleeson. Claire’s piece will be published in Issue VI and is also available to read here.
Sonder especially encourage work from previously unpublished authors and writers who feel it is their time to be heard.
Sonder Magazine is all about bringing different perspectives together. Everyone is wildly and magically different, yet there is still a universality that draws us all together. We are about reflecting those differences and, ultimately, what it is that brings us together.
- We accept one submission per person per category
- Only pieces submitted through the relevant entry form below will be considered
- All submissions should be sent in .doc or .docx format
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know immediately if your piece is accepted elsewhere
- Please ensure the name of your document is your submission title, eg. [TITLE].doc or [TITLE].docx
- Short story submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Creative nonfiction submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines
- Flash fiction submissions should be no more than 700 words
- Artwork submissions should be sent in jpeg or png format
- There is no limit on artwork submissions
- Do not let your name appear in the submission document as all pieces will be read anonymously
All contributors will receive a contributor’s copy and a small contribution fee.
You will hear back from us whether your piece is selected for publication or not within two months after the closing date.
See here for further information.