Resources for Writers
Submissions Call: Splonk E-Zine
Submissions deadline: 31st March 2019
Splonk is a brand new flash e-zine, set up in January 2019 by a group of flash writers and editors based in Ireland, and will be open for submissions from March 1st-31st 201. They accept work in English or Irish from anywhere in the world.
The word ‘splonk’ is the anglicised form of the Irish word ‘splanc’: noun fem. flash, spark.
Terms and Conditions
- Submissions for Issue 1 open on 1st March and close on the 31st March 2019. Issue 1 will be published on the 1st of May 2019.
- International submissions accepted.
- Send unpublished flash of up to 500 words for SplonkFlash. Micro-fictions of up to 100 words for SplonkMicros. Or Irish language flash up to 500 words for SplonkSplanc.
- Send your sub as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf attachment to email@example.com
- Please include a third-person bio of up to 50 words, including your Twitter handle. No cover letter is necessary but include the name of your piece and your own name in the email header.
- One submission per author per submission period. Sub in one category only, please.
- Please do not put your name on your submission document – the editors read blind.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Double space and use a 12pt normal font e.g. Times New Roman or Arial
- We ask for first world publication rights and the right to display your piece on our website as long as Splonk exists. Copyright remains with the author. If your flash is subsequently published, we ask that you acknowledge Splonk as the first publisher.
- Splonk is not in a position to pay contributors at the moment.
- We like experimental work, straight narratives, language-driven flash, historical, futuristic, post-apocalyptic, weird, quirky, ‘normal’, melancholic, and happy work. Send us whatever you’ve got!
Further information available here.