THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, a short story ejournal, will publish its fourth issue on 20 December 2012.Issue 4 of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, available to download from www.thesouthcircular.com
Aoife Walsh, publisher and editor of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, says the next issue of the ejournal mixes fantasy and feeling in equal measure.
‘The stories we’ve chosen for issue 4, our last of 2012, conjure an extraordinariness from such every day events as preparing dinner, an Easter enactment, a holiday abroad and an irresistible unicorn. All four writers do this with ease and humour and a touch of daring.
As we approach the end of our first year in existence, with four issues under our belt, an appearance at the Dublin Book Festival and having met some of the most talented people working in this country right now, our desire to find new stories and to publish them in a digital format shows no sign of fizzing out. 2013 is emerging as even more productive and challenging for us, as we embark on the second phase of a new conversation about the future of digital publishing.’
Issue 4 │ ePub │ €3.00
Issue 4 │ PDF │ €3.00
For issue 5 of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, authors may submit their work to submissions@thesouthcircular.
We strongly advise downloading previous issues to see the quality of the work before you submit.
Here are the details:
Submitted stories should be formatted as follows:
→ Calibri, double-spaced
→ Font size: 12pt
→ New paragraphs should be identified by indenting the first line (by using the TAB key)
→ New sections should be identified by inserting a line space of a * between paragraphs
→ Do not indent the beginning of each new section
→ Black text on white background
→ Number all pages
• The word limit for submitted stories is 2,000 words.
• Please submit your story, as an attachment and in the body of the text, by email only, addressed to The Editor, and sent to email@example.com.
• All submissions should include a short author biographical note. When we say short, we mean 3 or 4 sentences. When we say sentences, we mean snappy and syntactically correct sentences. We don’t need your CV/resume! If your story is published, this biographical note will be published in full.
• And, we’d rather not receive a photo of you.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR enlists the expertise and opinions of a select reader panel. While all submissions are read by the editor, each member of the reader panel receives a limited number of stories to read in each quarter. You may not agree with the editor’s decision, but it is final.
• We ask that your story be unpublished at and up to, 12 months after the publication of the issue of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR in which it appears.
• Copyright remains, in all cases, with the author.
• Unfortunately, THE SOUTH CIRCULAR cannot provide a feedback/editorial service.
Writers may be from, or resident, anywhere in the world but all stories must be written in English.
• Only one story may be submitted at a time. If your story is not published in the upcoming issue, it’s always possible we’re just keeping it for a later issue.
• And, unless we really, really, really like your work, it’s unlikely that we will publish more than one of your stories in any one year.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR is an e-journal of short stories ONLY. We do not review/criticize work.