Compeition deadline: 31st July 2020
Writers of short fiction are invited to enter the Anthology Magazine Short Story Competition. Established to recognise and encourage creative writing and provide a platform for publication, it is open to original and previously unpublished short stories in the English language by a writer of any nationality, living anywhere in the world. Stories submitted must be on the theme of ‘Friendship’ and not exceed the maximum of 1,500 words. Writers can submit as many entries as they wish.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology Magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
The winner will receive a €300 cash prize and the chance to see their work published in a future issue of Anthology Magazine.
The winner will also receive:
- A two-night stay with one dinner at the iconic Montenotte Hotel in Cork City
- A limited edition pen created to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Weir & Sons
- Waterford Crystal engraved trophy
- A one year subscription to Anthology Magazine
Word limit: 1,500 words
Submission Deadlines & Entry Fees:
Early Bird: 31 May 2020 – €10 per story
Final Deadline: 31 July 2020 – €15 per story
Terms and Conditions
- To enter, submit an original, unpublished short story, written in English on the subject of ‘Friendship’ with a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entry fee: €10 per short story if you enter by midnight on 31 May 2020, or €15 per short story if you enter by midnight on 31 July 2020.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- There is no age limit.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 31 July 2020 at midnight.
- Submissions will be judged on literary merit, originality and readability.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Copyright remains with the author but Anthology Magazinereserves the right to be the first to publish or arrange a broadcast of selected works. The right to use the stories to further publicise this award is also retained.
- Submission of a written piece implies the author’s acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Anthology Magazine reserves the right to change the prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
A very special thank you to our sponsors:
- Montenotte Hotel
- House of Waterford Crystal
- Weir & Sons
Further information available here.