Competition: Fish Short Memoir Prize
Competition deadline: 31st January 2019
Everyone must have a memoir. Go for it! Write a piece of your life, send it to Fish. This contest is a opportunity to have your memoir published. Chrissie Gittins, poet and writer, is the judge for 2019 . Chrissie will select 10 short memoirs to be published in the Fish Anthology 2019 which will be launched during the West Cork Literary Festival, July ’19.
Ten memoirs will be published in the Fish Anthology 2019.
First – €1,000
Second – Week on a writers’ retreat at Casa Ana, La Alpujarra, Spain, plus €300 travel.
Third – €200
The ten published authors will each receive five copies of the Anthology and will be invited to read at the launch during the West Cork Literary Festival in July.
Terms and Conditions
- No entry form is needed.
- Entry is online, or by post if required.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- There is no restriction on theme or style.
- Maximum number of words is 4,000.
- The winning memoirs must be available for the anthology and, therefore, must not have been published previously.
- Fish holds publishing rights for one year after publication, after which publishing rights revert to the author.
- Notification of receipt of entry will normally be by email.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Memoirs cannot be altered or substituted once they have been entered.
- Judging is anonymous. Name and contact details must not appear on the memoirs, (in the box provided if entering online, on separate sheet if entering by post).
- In order to give opportunities to emerging writers: (a) Writers who have had two memoirs published in Fish Anthologies may not enter for three years after their second publication. They may enter other Fish competitions. (b) Previous first prize winners may enter again, but will not be eligible for the first prize.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these rules
Further information here.