Competition: The Fish Poetry Prize
The Fish Poetry Prize was established in 2006. Previous judges include Billy Collins, Brian Turner, Leanne O’Sullivan, Michael McCarthy, Peter Fallon, Matthew Sweeney, Paul Durcan, Ruth Padel, Nick Laird and Jo Shapcott.
This year’s judge, poet Billy Collins, will be selecting the 10 poems to be published in the 2020 Fish Anthology.
Ten poems will be published in the Fish Anthology 2020 (first, second, third and seven honourable mentions).
First – €1,000
Second – A week in residence at Anam Cara Writer’s and Artist’s Retreat, West Cork, Ireland.
Third – €200
The ten published authors will each receive five copies of the Anthology and will be invited to read at the launch during the West Cork Literary Festival in July ’20.
Terms and Conditions
- No entry form is needed.
- Entry is online, or by post if required.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- The poetry competition is open to poets of any nationality writing in English.
- There is no restriction on theme or style.
- Poem length is restricted to 300 words.
- The winning poems must be available for the anthology and, therefore, must not have been published previously.
- Fish holds publishing rights for one year after publication, after which publishing rights revert to the author.
- Notification of receipt of entry will normally be by email.
- The judges’ verdict is final.No correspondence will be entered into.
- Poems cannot be altered or substituted once they have been entered.
- Judging is anonymous. Name and contact details must not apear on the poem, (in the box provided if entering online, on separate sheet if entering by post).
- In order to give opportunities to emerging writers: (a) Writers who have had two short stories published in Fish Anthologies may not enter for three years after their second publication. They may enter other Fish competitions. (b) Previous first prize winners may enter again, but will not be eligible for the first prize.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
See here for further information.