Foreign Voices Poetry Competition
Competition deadline: 30th November 2017
Holland Park Press invite you to write a poem about migration.
We’re inviting you to send us poems that deal with the subject of migration.
People move to another country for many reasons ranging from loving someone to fleeing from war and persecution. Are you an immigrant, emigrant, refugee, or are any of your friends, relatives or neighbours? How do you react to what you read on social media about migration? Are you involved in supporting immigrants or deal with them in an official capacity?
Poems can be triggered by any aspect of migration and the opportunities to reflect on this theme are endless.
We don’t have to agree with your opinions, but we do want to be touched in some way by your poem, inspired by its imagery and, of course, look for a beautiful use of language.
Terms and Conditions
Prize: £200 and publication in the Holland Park Press online magazine
Length: 50 lines or less
Entry fee: none
Starting date: 1 September 2017
Deadline: 30 November 2017
Eligibility: poems written in English by writers over 18 from any country
To submit: email your poem as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com
- Your poem has to be written in English
- Translations are not accepted
- Poems should not exceed 50 lines
- The poem must be the original work of the entrant
- The poems must not have been previously awarded or published
- You can only send in one poem per entrant
- You have to be eighteen or over
- You can be based in any country but your poem needs to be in English
- You can be of any nationality but your poem needs to be in English
- We only accept email submissions
Organizer: Holland Park Press
Webpage: complete guidelines are available here.